Friday, September 12, 2008

Groom Gus.

Kai has decided that he would like to be the official dog groomer for Gus.





Quick cute story on these two... I take the two of them out twice a day in the field next to us. I throw the ball with Gus and let Kai explore the outdoors. Today I walked up a good fifteen feet to get a ball from Gus and let Kai continue with a super cool dirt pile he seemed to like. I looked back and there was a guy crossing the field with his bike. Gus saw this too and froze. He dropped the ball and watched the guy. Once the guy was about twenty feet from Kai, Gus hauled butt over to make sure he wasn't going to mess with Kai!! It was so cute how protective Gus is over Kai. I don't think Kai will have much problems once people see a hundred pound dog running at them!! Ha Ha.

4 comments:

Kee said...

I think that they are even closer than most because they grew up together. That is really great. Man Kai is so cute!

Shanae said...

Maybe you should sick Gus on the bully...just a thought. I'm thinking with the way my boys are that Asher is going to have to watch out for my other two (which can only seem to make it into the 10-15 percentile for their weight and heights.) Asher is in the 95% for height and 66 for weight-everyone will think twice when he is running their way as well :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, introduce Gus to the bully. Just walk to church as everyone is getting there for preschool...............
He looks very serious about his grooming career.
Mom
hey, does his Baily jersey still fit?

Katelyn Simkins said...

Hi Guys! It was great seeing you at the wedding. I'm sorry we didn't have more time to chat! Kai is SO adorable!!

Hey Cassie - my mom tells me that you did an extensive family tree ... do you think you could email me some of that info? I would REALLY appreciate it! My email is katelyns@katelynsimkins.com Thank you!! xoxox