Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Curtain.



For those of you who don't know there is a gym and a stage area at our church. I was roaming around with Kai during church today and he discovered the stage and how great it was to get lost in stage curtains. I looked up under one curtain and found myself face to face with memories of so many stage curtains that I had peeked through before. Instantly a flood of feelings came over me, the energy and excitement that always pulsated from an audience just behind that curtain. The memories of flying props held by wires hid by those curtains. The excitement and love of a stage with it's curtains put a sweet smile on my face and then I looked to my son who also seemed to have a sweet smile on his face. Will he also find energy, strength, courage, determination, and possibly a piece of himself behind that curtain like his mother did? Perhaps, or perhaps not. But my wish is that he will find things in his own life that bring such passion to his own heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that "energy and excitment" coming from you again. Good to know the passion is still with you.
You'll be amazed; when your son does find that "passion" it will be a thousand fold stronger than yours was... or maybe that's just how it feels for the parent. It's awsome to see those feelings coming from your own child and to see how that passion drives a life.
Mom/Grandma M