Friday, January 16, 2009

Pay It Forward.

Yes, it was a good movie. And although I really like ideas like that, I never really see something like that happening in the 'real' world, at least not my little bubble of a real world. But that is were I would be very, very, wrong.

For those who haven't seen the movie it is about a little boy who starts a school project called 'Pay It Forward'. He sets out to do a good deed, something life changing or in some instances life saving for three people. In return he tells them to pay it forward to three other people. It's a good movie, go rent it if you haven't seen it.

I recently had someone do a rather large big deed for me. This individual has never met me and has also changed my life. She took the time to open doors for me that would give me the opportunity to achieve dreams I thought were too far possible from my own grasp. Her reasoning was I seemed like a good, genuine, person who deserved the opportunity. In return she simply said pay it forward. Help someone else out someday, open doors for them.

It has brought me to tears to learn that people like her are not only living in movies but in the world all around us. It makes me want to strive to be one of those people and I will without a doubt be paying it forward.

1 comment:

Dana Marchant said...

Hey Jay, It's Chad. I'm glad you found me. I'll bet its been 10 years. Pull me up on Linkedin.com and shoot me an email so we can catch up.
Chad